Fraunhofer Project Centre for Advanced Lightweight Technologies (Fpc Alight)
The primary purpose of FPC ALighT is to carry out and coordinate industry-oriented research and development projects, particularly those related to lightweight technologies. FPC ALighT focuses on facilitating and expediting the research commercialisation and transfer, as well as the adoption of production technologies by Polish and European businesses using the contract research methods and standards developed by the Munich-based company Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
The research activity of FPC ALighT encompasses the following areas:
- exploring solutions which increase production technology efficiency in the automotive industry;
- hybrid and hardware technologies for large-scale automotive applications;
- energy-saving assembly processes in mass production;
- composite components with integrated e-mobility features;
- process and structure modelling and simulation;
- recycling and regeneration;
- machine learning.